All aluminum front suspension system for 1964.5-1970 Mustangs featuring Detroit Speeds unique suspension geometry with 6 inches of suspension travel for the ultimate in ride and performance.
- Aluma-Frame Front Suspension System – 1964.5-1970 Mustang – GM 5 x 4.75 Inch Bolt Pattern – Double Adjustable Shocks
- Cast Aluminum Cradle and Mounting Components
- Adapts To Many Engine Choices
- Sway Bars Finished In Satin Black Powdercoat
- Control Arms Finished In Gloss Black Powdercoat
- Sold As A Kit
- SKU: 032051-D
Detroit Speed, Inc. Aluma-Frame Features:
- Unique cast aluminum cradle and mounting components resulting in a high strength to weight ratio and precise fitment
- Tubular upper and lower control arms
- Detroit Tuned rack and pinion steering
- DSE/JRi aluminum coilover shocks with Detroit Tuned valving available in fixed valve, single adjustable, double adjustable, or remote canister double adjustable versions
- Torrington Bearings
- Splined integrated style Sway bar
- Detroit Speeds Speed-Lign (patent pending) caster/camber adjusters allow a wide range of adjustability to be made precisely and quickly without needing any additional shims
- Utilizes aluminum uprights and hub packs with a GM 5 x 4.75 inch bolt pattern
- Can fit up to P265/35R18 tires on a 9 inch rim on early models and up to P295/35R18 tires on a 10.5 inch rim on later models
- Retains stock framerails and inner fenders and only requires a small amount of fabrication for installation
- Engine mount kits available for Ford small block Windsor engines, Ford FE big block engines, Ford 4.6, 5.4, and Coyote 5.0 modular engines including the Boss 302; as well as, GM LS engines
- Spanner Tool for easy shock adjustments
- Forged Detroit Speed Spindle
- Composite Sway Bar Bushings
- Spring Rate: 400lbs/in
- Spring Free Length: 10in
- Tread Width: 56.9 Inch (Flange to Flange)
Double Adjustable Shock:
- This is the most race winning shock JRi has in its stable. With its two independent adjustments and the enormous range of adjustment it can be set to the exacting demands of the driver and performance levels required while providing excellent ride quality on the street.
- Sway bar arms are satin black, upper and lower control arms are gloss black.
- Must use at least 17 inch wheels that require a minimum inside wheel diameter of 16.25 inches.
- The Aluma-Frame will need to be modified to clear the alternator on the Coyote engine application. Detroit Speed offers an alternator relocation bracket, P/N 060436 that will be required along with modifying the Aluma-Frame to fit the Coyote engine.
- For competition applications, the Detroit Speed rack and pinion fluid transfer conversion kit will replace the hardlines on your Detroit Speed rack and pinion using -4 AN steel fittings. The hoses are Teflon lined to handle the high pressure demands of the steering system and come with pre-crimped stainless steel fittings to attach to the -4 AN fittings.
- Total Suspension Travel: 6 Inches
- Ride Height: 1.0 Inch Plus/Minus 1.0 Inch
- Static Camber: -0.5 Degrees Plus/Minus 2.0 Degress
- Static Caster: 8.0 Degrees Plus/Minus .5 Degrees
- Static Toe: 0 Degrees Plus/Minus .1 Degrees
- Total Bumpsteer (28 inch toe span): .070 Inch
- Turning Angle: 27 Degrees
- Ackerman Angle (at 15 degree turning angle): .875 Degrees
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm