The intercooled S54 VT2-550 supercharger system produces 550hp and 340lb-ft of torque at 9psi of boost. A 217hp gain over stock, eclipsing the output of a Nissan GTR! Featuring the newly developed, self contained Vortech V3 supercharger unit in Si trim, the supercharger is capable of producing up to 775hp.The VT2-550 comes with a high capacity front mount intercooler (FMIC) and a specially developed cast aluminum intake manifold assembly with an integrated high capacity bypass valve designed not only for optimum flow, but for minimal weight to not disrupt the iconic chassis balance of the M3. The VT2-550 is a complete system with everything you need and is easily upgradeable as all the major hardware components are the same all the way up to our VT3-700.The supercharger system includes the ESS E-Flash OBD2 cable and specific ESS engine software that is perfectly calibrated for the VT2-550 supercharged engine providing optimum ignition timing under all conditions, recalibrated EGA’s for quicker throttle response, recalibrated VANOS control, and perfectly optimized fuel delivery. The dyno limiter and top speed governors are also removed. The E-Flash allows the end user to upload the supercharger ECU software from any PC running Windows XP or newer and includes a full diagnostic and code clearing capability. Any future ESS software updates can be received by email and loaded directly to the car. The stock ECU software will be saved and can easily be restored in the future.Power delivery is 100% smooth and OEM-caliber. The car behaves just like stock until you demand power, then the car completely transform providing brutal acceleration normally reserved for pure race cars.And like all ESS supercharger systems, the S54 VT Gen 3 kits are tested and tuned for over 50,000 street and track miles on multiple vehicles throughout the world, 60+ hours on our load dyno, full load top speed endurance testing on the German Autobahn, and final certification laps on the Nurburgring. The system maintains all OBD-II functions and it is backed by a comprehensive 2 year, unlimited mileage warranty program. This complete system is 100% bolt on and includes everything you need. Installation takes 6-8 hours using normal hand tools and no irreversible modifications to the car are necessary.System components:
- Vortech V3 Si-trim internally lubricated supercharger unit.
- High capacity front mount intercooler system (FMIC).
- Cast aluminum ESS intake manifold.
- High capacity bypass-valve system.
- Powder-coated mandrel bent tubing
- One belt driven w/self tension system.
- CNC machined, hard anodized brackets.
- CNC hard anodized crankshaft pulley.
- CNC hard anodized water pump pulley (very important for proper water pump gear ratio)-Long life serpentine drive belt.
- Oil breather assembly designed for boost.
- 5 layer super strength silicone hose throughout system.
- ESS spec fuel pressure system
- High capacity, direct replacement Bosch fuel injectors.
- K&N cold air intake located inside front bumper.
- ESS E-Flash reprogramming and diagnostic interface
- Perfectly optimized, dyno tweaked MSS54/MSS54HP ECU software with removed top speed governor.
- Detailed and illustrated installation manual.
- 2yr./unlimted mileage warranty.
- 100% maintenance free operation.
- Installation time: 6-8 hours
- The VT2-550 requires the use of 93AKI/98RON and above fuel quality.
- The system is designed and calibrated for OEM Euro style exhaust headers. OEM US headers will also work well if the car does not see extensive track use. The system is capable of supporting considerably more boost/HP.
- Boost pressure: 9 PSI
- Horsepower: 550SAE (65% gain over stock)
- Torque: 350 ft/lbs
- Correction factor for drivetrain loss is 15% above RWHP as seen in dynograph (RWHP/0.85)
- Application intended for: E46 M3 from 2001-2006
- This product is not designed to meet US federal emissions standards. US 49 state emissions compliant ECU software is available upon request.
- California For off-road use only.
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm