Detroit Speeds Hydroformed front subframe is a bolt-in replacement for the original stock subframe. It improves the handling and ride quality by utilizing DSEs unique suspension geometry. It is the Only subframe in the aftermarket industry with hydroformed frame rails.
The hydroformed frame rails feature strength and stiffness, precise quality and repeatability. Hydroforming preserves the steels strength and stiffness because it is performed at low temperatures, unlike traditional high temperature processes which decrease material strength.
- Powdercoated and Assembled Hydroformed Subframe – Base Shocks – BBC/BB Pontiac
- Bolt-In Replacement For Original Stock Subframe
- Improves Handling and Ride Quality
- Factory Assembled Unit
- Black Powdercoat Finish
- Sold As A Kit
- SKU: 032015
- 1970-1981 Chevrolet Camaro
- 1970-1981 Pontiac Firebird
- Big Block Chevrolet Engines Use DSE 060411
- Big Block Pontiac Engines Use DSE 060413
The Detroit Speed, Inc. Hydroformed Subframe Comes With The Following:
- Hydroformed Framerails
- Stamped Crossmembers
- Tubular Upper and Lower Control Arms
- DSE/JRI Coilover Shocks with Detroit Tuned valving
- Torrington Bearings
- Coilover Springs
- Detroit Tuned Power Rack and Pinion Steering
- Splined Anti-Roll Bar
- Forged DSE Spindle
- Spanner Tool for easy shock adjustments
- Composite Anti-Roll bar bushings
- Spring Rate: 650lbs/in
- Spring Free Length: 8 Inches
- Nominal Camber: -0.5 deg.
- Nominal Caster: Plus 4.5 deg. (Adjustable to 5.5 deg.)
- Total Suspension Travel: 6.0 Inches
- Total Bumpsteer w/ 30 Inch Toe-Span: 0.084 Inch Over 6 Inches of Travel
- Turning Angle (18 Inch x 10 Inch or 17 Inch x 9 Inch Wheels): 30.0 deg.
- Ackerman Angle (18 Inch x 10 Inch or 17 Inch x 9 Inch Wheels): 2.5 deg.
- Turning Angle (18 Inch x 9 Inch Wheels): 33.8 deg.
- Ackerman Angle (18 Inch x 9 Inch Wheels): 3.5 deg.
- 17 x 8 Inch to 17 x 9 Inch Wheels
- 18 x 9 Inch to 18 x 10 Inch Wheels
- 19 x 9 Inch to 19 x 10 Inch Wheels
- Comes With 5 x 4.75 Inch Wheel Bolt Pattern w/ M12 x 1.5 Studs
Up to a 10 inch wide wheel can be packaged without modification to the inner wheel wells. Both the main and secondary crossmembers are stamped for structural rigidity. SBC, BBC, LS1, LS2, and LS7 engines have been designed as a direct bolt-in into this subframe.
Our subframe has been designed, engineered, and developed for the road and track. This subframe blends the benefits of current OEM technology and aftermarket performance into one product!
The subframe is available uncoated and unassembled for your SBC, BBC, or LSX engines. We also offer the subframe powdercoated satin black and assembled.
- The DSE/JRI Detroit Tuned base shock is a pure blood pedigree racing shock in its most efficient form as a non-adjustable unit.
- Although non-adjustable, it shares all the increased dynamic responses of all the JRI adjustable models while providing excellent ride quality on the street.
- Subframe must ship truck freight.
- Must use at least 17 inch wheels that require a minimum inside wheel diameter of 16.250 inches.
- For competition applications, the DSE rack and pinion fluid transfer conversion kit will replace the hardlines on your DSE rack and pinion using -4 AN steel fittings. The hoses are Teflon lined to handle the high pressure demands of the steering system and come with pre-crimped stainless steel fittings to attach to the -4 AN fittings.
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm